Thursday 17 March 2011

The last things



For my option under Thing 20 in week 8 about Wikis, I have chosen to edit a page on Wikipedia, and have selected as a subject Audio Description.  I have added a brief sentence on the increase of audio description at sporting occasions. Good to see it appearing in the entry, though it is a very bland little addition.

Investigating Googledocs in Week 21; this looks very interesting, and addresses a problem that I have often come across, in particular the increasing number of versions of a document as it goes back and forth between colleagues during a creation and editing process.  It is useful in my work, and would have been good in the editing process when my sons were doing their final dissertations!  I have uploaded a document which I am in the process of creating for a presentation, and shared with another of my email addresses, as I didn't think many other people would be interested in my opinions on the audio description of opera!  My main query with all these functions that use the 'cloud' is what happens if I am in a place without wireless connection, or if a breakdown of some kind, large or small (from a small glitch to an earthquake), makes the internet unobtainable?
 
It's Week 22 and SlideShare, something that would be equally useful in finding information, and also in the preparation of presentations.  I have searched the site and have come up with various useful items on the social media, often in relation to apps for an iphone!


No comments:

Post a Comment