Thursday 17 February 2011

Thing 11


Twitter and Facebook are the things I am most suspicious about, having never wanted to get involved in Facebook, or tweeting, on a personal basis.  Having created a Twitter account, it is strangely compelling; it was very tempting at first to follow too may Tweets, but I quickly pruned them down to about six, which I do check on my iphone. I have also finally managed to send a Tweet, though I am not sure I would so regularly.   As far as Facebook goes, though I have never been tempted to set up a Facebook account, something to do with not wanting to stray onto my sons' territory, and they certainly would not want to have me as a friend!  Checked out Facebook pages for libraries and other sites, including audio description organisations, which need to spread information to both users and other professionals. I can see how both Twitter and Facebook would be an ideal way to disseminate information, to a wide range of users, targeting a much more diverse audience, than say email.  Having checked out, without signing on, a few websites, my sons, and also libraries, and it seems to me that it is a very good way of getting information out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment